Monday, February 1, 2010

Hungarian Ingenuity



Background:
1. We had a snowfall of over a foot.
2. The street below our flat is narrow and is also where residents park.
3. For much of the morning, people have been digging out.
4. I, Jack, was home from school with a cold, so I could capture this event.

I glanced out the kitchen window and saw a man removing snow from around his car. His tools were a whisk broom, a dust pan, a shovel, and a pick axe. Because my view was partially blocked by a tree, I was confused as to where he was moving all of the snow. I also wondered about the pick axe. So I moved to our bedroom window and saw how he had used the pick axe: to remove the manhole cover from the sewer.


3 comments:

Deanna said...

Funny story!

Kermeen said...

Pictures were great...laughed out loud at the image (and sheer brilliance) of the man dumping snow into the sewer. Thanks for the updates.

Anonymous said...

This is great! :) I hope the teaching is going well, and that you recover from you cold soon. I am glad to see some new posts!

Andrew